Monday, April 14, 2014

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me!

Today was interesting.  After an hour on the clock I told Terry, "Just so we're clear, nothing's gonna change between us just because you tattled on me."

Terry, who is big and dumb didn't quite understand at first.  "Huh?  Who tattled?"

I walked away & went to work in my area.  He came over several minuets later (I guess he had to think real hard about it) and said that if I wasn't a woman he would have gotten fired that day "with the way that you talked to me!"  (You see, he deserves respect simply because he's a man and I'm a lowly woman.  I don't have a complex or anything, it's just the way things are sometimes with some people.  Ask Allan about it sometime)

Some things I thought of too late after the fact:
"That's mighty strong words coming from a tattle tell."
"You call me when you have a dog that lives longer than 6 months & I'll give you the respect that you so clearly deserve."
"Dude, I would kick your ass!  Let's go!  Come on!"

What I said:  "If I wasn't at work I would've gotten REAL serious!"
Terry began speaking but I never heard the words that came out of his mouth.  Everything I said from the very beginning came out mono-toned and very calm.  "I don't think we have any reason to ever communicate again, Terry," I said calmly not once ever looking up from my work.  He could've been a voice floating in the air for all I know.

"Man, I don't even WANT to talk to you!" he stammered.  I pictured a child kicking the dirt and screaming, "We're not friends anymore!"

Calmly, without looking up; Terry STILL talking, I stated, "I'm done Terry, I am so done."  I may have said it more than once or twice.  I really didn't catch what he was saying because I was telling him how done I was.  He walked away and that was it.

Terry has been on the job for something like 4 years now.  Truthfully, he should be fine without my holding his hand all the time and catching all the things he'd forgotten.  We'll see.  We certainly will see.

I now, finally have learned my place.  If I had a dick and balls, I am quite certain things would be different with Allan.  "That's Allan's baby," said one coworker referring to Terry.  Another said, "Terry can do no wrong."

I'm starting to believe that what's Allan believes.  However, Allan still sees a need for Terry and I to communicate "in case he might have a question".  It's been over 4 years.  Terry should know how to wash the damn clothes by now.

And by the way, I COULD have kicked his ass if necessary.  He's big and slow and dumb.  That's a fatal combination in my neighborhood, last I checked.  (I'm small and feisty and also, I fight dirty)

No comments:

Post a Comment