Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ignorance is Bliss Part 968

Why do people keep telling me things I do not want to hear?  The first thing, months ago, was a necessity.  This person REALLY need to tell someone trustworthy.  I get that.  I cannot fix it, but I can listen.  Sometimes, that is all one can do, sometimes it is all that is asked.

This new thing involves someone's marriage and I do not want to get involved.  At all!  Yes, from the outside, I can see the obvious problems but it is not my place to intervene.  I cannot fix this problem.  One person is hurting watching the other person hurt and is also afraid this person is insanely depressed. 

What am I supposed to do?!  Sometimes I think I might be happier on a deserted island, ignorant to everything that goes on in the world of humans.  I can't fix this marriage, I cannot offer advice (or my head might be chopped off) and I cannot console this person speaking to me about it because I have nothing to offer.

I told this person to offer as much support as possible to the person we are concerned for.  These people probably will not go to counseling.  And should you suggest it, you'd be screamed at like the Queen of Hearts.  "Off with her head!"

I'm no therapist.  All I can do is listen.  And sometimes that's enough.

Sometimes it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment