Monday, September 2, 2013

Dreams

Bob has been in the hospital with a heart thing since Wednesday but that's another post for another time. 

Saturday August 31, 2013
Shawn and I made the weekly drive to Mom's house and Mom told me Darrell may not have another weekend and I should go talk to him.  "I don't know what to say," I replied.  So I went to the living room where he lay on the couch, drowsy and slipping into the morphine and again, I just didn't know what to say.  This is my mom's brother and yet I only just got to know him, only because he's been dying for months.

So I stared at him as he eyelids fluttered gently, accepting sleep.

Monday Septempter 2, 2013, Labor Day

I woke up very late.  6:30 in the morning is about 2 hours later than I normally get up.  When I sleep too much, I feel foggy and tired instead of the normal get up and go, go, go.  I'd had a very strange dream.  We were all in a time very long ago.  Darrell was very dirty and was being washed in a large puddle.  He was either being washed or baptized, I wasn't sure.  For some reason, I knew he was being prepared to be crucified, literally, on a cross.

I sat on the ground so I was eye level with Darrell, who was lying int he water propped on his elbow.  I began to weep and he looked at me as though he couldn't see through the fog of the drugs.  I think it was mom (It was someone I knew for sure) that came up with a large modern hammer and waved it int he air announcing, "Really?  You really think it's good that someone left this out in front of Darrell?  I mean, honestly!"  It was as if Darrell didn't know what was in store.


Back in reality, Darrell had said he wasn't going to be here on Monday.  Mom called me crying and I figured that was it.  She said Kathy had come by this morning and said Darrell may have less than 24 hours.  Shawn had taken my vehicle to the shop to get caught up a little.  He'd gotten a bit behind after Bob being in the hospital.  I told Mom when it was too hot for Shawn to work, we'd be charged to take Bob's oldest son back to Waco.  This of course, is another story in which no one cares what we have going on, if we have the gas, whicle everyone else sits around watching television.  No, not everyone.  There are however, some others who have absolutely nothing to do that could take my nephew back to school.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now.  It will be very late in the afternoon until I can get out there now.  I pray it is quick so Darrell no longer has to suffer.  I have been trying to figure out my dream all day and I don't know what it means.  Usually I think dreams are mostly nonsense and there's no use trying to figure it out.  This one was particularly strange, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment