Monday, September 23, 2013

Stuck

I am not normally the jealous sort of person.  I have been lately.  I've been feeling jealously all the time and I hate myself for it.  I used to be happy just to have a bed and full belly and lately I've been jealous of everybody for everything.

When Darrell moved in with my cousin Tammy, I visited her house once.  She never married, became a nurse and bought her own house.  I was really jealous of her house; it was beautiful.  I was jealous also because it was spotless--because she had no spouse to louse it up and make it dirty and cluttered. 

I wish I could be seventeen again and know what I know now.  I'd go to school, get a good paying job and a house with no carpet.  I wish people were afraid of me the way they're afraid of Monica on friends.  Her house is a land where no one can spill.  I wish I had a buddy I could go to Zumba classes with, maybe running in the park.  I wish I had a small enconomy sized car that cost only $30 to fill the tank (thanks girl who ran the stop sign & totalled my Mazda--THANKS!!)

I can't go back.  I cannot change things.  I sometimes feel too stupid (and too broke) to go back to school.  The constant clutter and dirtiness drives me crazy.  It makes me insane to search for a pair of scissors that should be IN THAT DRAWER!!!!!!  I cannot stand this feeling of being stuck with no options, no way to change things. 

Jesus said, "I came that you might have and enjoy life." 
When does that begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment