Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vicious Green Eyed Monster

I'll just go ahead and say it.  It should've been us to have the $20,000 per month profit store.  It's easy for me to say that because I don't really know Don and Victoria.  It may be that they've overcome some hardships and truly deserve all this, not that deserving or not deserving is a good reason for being jealous.  There is never a good reason to be jealous.  It's a combination of me being so tired of watching literally every dime and nickel, years of eBay struggles, and idly watching as others succeed.  It's not as though I've been sitting on my ass waiting for a miracle to happen.  We're doers in this household, dammit!

Part of my jealously stems from Don's stupidity.  He's been in business a little over a month.  He made $22,000 profit in his first 30 days and now he's raising prices.  Stupid.  He's going to drive his customers right intot he cheap, loving arms of internet orders.  When he gave Shawn suppliues to start making liquids, he'd left invoices in the box.  We knew exactly where he'd ordered from and as such, we ordered from those places.  We're going to order batteries and tanks to sell to friends and eBay so we can prepare a $20K profit store for ourselves.

When Shawn delivers a box of liquids to Don, he whips out a wad of cash (in front of customers too) to pay him.  Don flashes this wad of cash in front of people--not just Shawn.  He's so inviting a robbery.  He talks way too much.  But because of his ignornace and diarhea of the mouth (seriously diarhea) we know exactly where to drive for emergency merchandise, where to order, how much to pay, etc.  We have learned from Don's mistakes and we also possess common sense--something not held by the majority of the population.

Shawn and I discussed where to open a store and it's not that he's against burning Don.  Of course we both hold very high moral standards, it's the idea enough money to be made by all.  SHawn's convinced that there's not enough customers in our city.  "Don's customers LOVE him.  They wouldn't do business any where else," Shawn explained.  They might if he raises prices like he's doing.  He's already added $10 to a basic starter kit.  He buys it for $5 and was selling for $40.  Now he wants $50.  Because he's greedy.  And stupid.

On Don's store facebook page, he has "liked" every vapor store from here to who knows where.  Why?  Because he's stupid.  He's created a virtual yellow pages for his competition on his very own page.  We could do this better.  You don't raise prices before Christmas--you create a sale.  Give the gift of quitting smoking for Christmas!  I'm so much smarter than this. 

We're not yet sure if this other douche is gonna open a store in Harker Heights.  We were thinking that even if he did, if it were far away enough from our ideal area, it wouldn't matter.  The area we're thinking of I would imagine, has gargantuan rent, but the area is conveinet, in a really decent neighborhood and would assume high profits.  We couldn't fail.  And we have yet to see if this douche is serious. 

I'm not sure yet what's going to happen for us.  I really try, so hard, not to get my hopes up because I'm so fed up with disapointment.  I don't know what's in store for us.  I hope it does happen because if we were making a fraction of what Don makes, we wouldn't have to it for very long.  We could retire young and enjoy life.  We could help people with this money.  And yes, as harsh and I come off, I really want to help my parents, my nieces get a hard start on life, and I'd really love to stock the local pantries with food.  I don't want to do these things so I can feel good about myself and say, "Look at what I did!"  I want to do these things because I've never had the means to before. 

Shawn and I have always felt this way.  We decided long ago, we'd set up scholarships for less privaliged kids, like my nephew--one helped him at least get started.  I'd always wanted to save animals from the death needle in shelters and volunteer at the children's hospital--or at least donate tons of fun board games.  All these things take money and time--neither of which are available at the moment.  I want my dad to be able to retire and I want to pay for my mom's back pain to be taken away.  After all she's been through, she deserves to be pain free.

Even though I'm bitter and jealous, I still have good intentions.  I'm passionate enough about these causes that there's no way I'd let them slip through my fingers once the money started rolling in.  I'm tired of listening to my mom cry over the phone and I would be devasted if my nieces (with 1.5 years of school left) wound up working in a place full of chemicals, noise and weather. 
My family deserves better.


No comments:

Post a Comment