Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spelling Sound Off

It's no wonder kids can't spell or read anymore.  And why should they need to?  All they need to do anymore is decipher textenese. 

AOL?
GR8T!!
LOL!!
ROTFLMYAO....HTUUBFHIKUB!!!!

At the grocery store I noticed a national brand promoting a pizza that came packaged with "WYNGS".  On my way out (I'm not making this up) I saw in the Take One Free rack a small magazine titled "The Apartment Lokator".  And a few months ago, on my way to the bank, I would pass a building with the sign "Kowgirl Kuts".  Why make the Cs into Ks????  (And as a side note, you'd think SOMEONE at the DiGiorno company might notice the misspelling of "wings")

My screen is lit up with red squiggly lines, trying to tell me that I cannot spell correctly if my life depended on it.  The spell checker might have a nervous breakdown if I opened it. 

And just think, there was a time when teachers complained that students spelled "relief" as ROLAIDS. 
HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment