Friday, September 23, 2011

Crap Shoot

Our store won the Reader's Choice Award that they hold in the local newspaper every year.  The boss decided to have a fajita buffet at work as a reward for us workers and to be honest, I half way considered calling in sick.

Any more, I don't like eating foods when I don't have a nutritional label to go with it.  I do not like having to guess how many calories are in the meal.  Should I go hungry the rest of the day to compensate?  Did I eat 2,000 calories in that one meal?  It's a total crap shoot.

I had two fajitas, as small as I could make them, a bit of rice (white rice, naturally) and two sopapias (with honey, of course).  I had one and thought that good enough.  I had my taste of pastry.  I didn't need another.  But that monster in the back of my mind said to me, "But when are you going to eat another sopapia?  Will it be another four years?"

So of course, I had to have another.  My calorie estimate was around 1300 for that one sitting.  I may have over estimated, but better to go over than under, then over eat entirely for the day and not even realize it.

At least tomorrow I can cook my ground turkey.  The package gives me all the information I need.  I know exactly how many calories I am taking in.

Blunder for the week:  I found sugar free, fat free pudding in cheesecake flavor. 
It isn't very good.  I for one am totally and completely shocked.

(I am never sure if sarcasm can be read or just heard aloud)

No comments:

Post a Comment