Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shutterbug

One Sunday I woke up confused.  There was a flash, or so I thought.  I lifted my head and vaguely made out Shawn standing in the living room doorway, holding my camera.  Or maybe I just dreamed the whole thing.
(Look closely.  Zoe is on my butt, using a cheek as a chin rest)

I hadn't taken Zoe outside so much since the temperatures got back into the 100's.  We've had over 80 days, nearly three months of triple digit temperatures.  Luckily Zoe was able to work on her tan and a nap simultaneously.  Lucy was annoyed that Zoe ignored the Four Foot Rule.

It hasn't rained in months.  A few weeks ago it looked like it might rain.  It was very dark to the north west.  But the wind was blowing very hard and I knew we probably wouldn't get a drop.  I hung around outside in the cool wind--what a refresher after a typical 106 degree work day in a sweat shop.  I watched how fast the clouds move.  Then I actually noticed the clouds. 

They were beautiful, in layers, even.  The top layer moved slowly, the middle seemed to stay put.  The lowest layer moved quickly to Waco where the rain always goes and building is usually brought to its knees.  I wish I could have captured in digital "film" what the clouds were doing that afternoon.  The leaves blew around on the concrete and it sounded like rain falling from Heaven.  You could almost smell it in the clean air.

It did not rain.




Couple weeks ago, I peeled up my toenail.  Not on purpose, of course.  Why would anyone do that on purpose?  I don't have any juicy information for anyone.  No, I stupidly opened a door over my foot and it lifted the nail from the flesh that it grew from.  It's much better now, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment