Thursday, September 8, 2011

Laboring for Labor Day ...or What Made MIsty Slow Down

4:30 AM  Uh.  I hate 4:30 AM.  God did not create this time of day.  The devil created 4:30 AM.  I'd gotten spoiled over a three day weekend.  I'd much rather prefer to get up a little before the sun and watch the sun come up gradually as the sky changes colors from black to all sorts of things.

4:30 AM only means I have to get up because I have to be somewhere.  Early. 

The weekend was really wonderful.  No, I didn't got out of town or to a fair as everyone might expect.  Usually I fear that I'll get bored and become depressed but I did not.  I was a little irritated that I was forced to move more slowly due to the fact that I had peeled back a toe nail but I got a little of everything.

I got some chores and errands done, I relaxed and watched movies.  I played with my dogs.  I ate what I wanted to eat and a lot of it!  (And I didn't keep score)

A major reason for my uplifted mood might have something to do with the weather.  For the first time in months we were out of one-hundred and something temperatures.  And it was so nice!  I let Zoe play outside several times a day for as long as I could breathe.  The dead grass, trees, bushes, flowers, leaves and everything else that once green has played a major role in my asthma.  But the breeze was cool and the air was crisp and the dogs just loved it.

Work, of course has been ultra busy due to the store being closed for a day and all it does is make we wish every weekend could be a three day weekend.  I've started back to my strict 1500 calorie plan and I've stuck easily to my veggies and healthy snacks.  It's actually been easy being so busy.  I rediscovered sugar free strawberry Jell-O and my sweet addiction is satisfied once more.

This past weekend has only got me longing for the week off when Shawn's finishes school.  I am actually looking forward to cleaning out my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment