Sunday, March 7, 2010

Anti-Depressants are Depressing

I did see a doctor.  The problem with anti-depressants is that no one doctor can possibly know everything about every little pill.  And no one doctor can possibly know which pill is right for you.  So for me, it’s a complete waste of time and money.  My insurance doesn’t cover head doctors so I saw an MD.  She was very sweet and said what I described sounded boarder line bi-polar so she gave me five weeks’ worth of samples for a med that contains an anti-depressant and a mood stabilizer.

Once I got home, I looked up the drug on the internet and decided after this one try, it was time to give up.  Well, either that or I’ll have do my own research and take my findings to a doctor and say, “Hey, give me this.”

This drug I was given had three huge red flags.  It doesn’t come in a generic and with my insurance, I’d never be able to afford it.  Ninety-five percent of the reviewers said they gained an average of ten pounds EACH month they were on the drug.  You don’t give a former fatty a drug that causes weight gain.  She will never take it, and that’s the truth.

The last red flag was that the drug caused major fluctuations in blood sugar, in that, it could actually cause diabetes!  While on the drug, you must carefully monitor your blood sugar very carefully.

No thank you.  For now, I’m OK.  I’ve been keeping myself very busy with my obsessive cleaning and that so far, is my life. Or rather, lack of.  What will eventually happen is that I’ll get down, and stay there.  I’ll decide it’s time I need to try another anti-depressant and be so depressed I won’t even look into it.

It’s so depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment