Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Radium Barrier

Ring, Ring...

Me:  Hello?
(short pause)
Unknown:  Hello?
Me:  Yeah, I just said that
Unknown:  Hey, Misty what's going on?
Me:  Who is this?
Unknown:  This is Jason with something-something and we're calling everyone on West Avenue to see if they've checked the radium barrier in their attic.
Me:  Excuse me?  Radium what?!
Jason:  Radiant barrier.  It's sprayed on the rafters and support beams on the inside of the attic and helps protect, blah, blah, blah, talking, talking, talking, helps the air conditioner be more efficient--
Me:  Oh!  Radiant barrier.  Wait--are you the guy that sells this stuff for the company that makes it?
Jason:  Yes! And blah, blah, blah--
Me:  OK, then.  You need to call someone else to try to sell to, because we're broke and not interested in having some weird chemical sprayed all ove rthe attic.  Thank you!

Jason's voice trailed off as I cradled the phone and then he was gone and out of of my life forever.
Here's a little tip to you phone sales-creeps out there.  Refer to me as "Mrs. Jones" and DO NOT, I repeat, do not try to act like you're some buddy of mine.  I know better because I don't have any friends.  So there.

Go get a real job you shlub.



Note:  I can't find the spell check button because I didn't copy & paste from Word as usual.  So btie me.
HA HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment