Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Does it ever stop?

Shawn's brother, Bob called this morning at 3:30 am.  Their almost 72 year old mother is in the hospital with stomach pain, throwing up.  The hospital's cat scan is broken so they were transferring her to another.  Bob said they didn't yet know anything and there was nothing we could do right now.  He would call me back when they get to the other hospital. 

I explained this to Shawn and tried to have him sleep.  I tried to sleep myself, knowing my alarm would be screaming angrily at me in the next hour.  I lay there for about ten minuets but knew all too well I would never get back to sleep.  I did not sleep the night before.  I was hoping between the two of us, maybe at least Shawn could get a little sleep. 

And so here I sit, typing this out, praying, crying over past events, and hoping Shawn is actually sleeping and not just lying there awake and worried.

I just don't think we can take much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment