Sunday, May 29, 2011

Emotional Blockage Part Four

I hate to get personal, but I figure everyone poops, but no one talks about it.  Forgive me if I seem to get graphic.  I have not been going because I had not been eating.  I did finally get the urge at work on Friday morning and it was very painful.  I figured it was simply because I hadn't been getting my fiber.

On the tissue was the unmistakable red hue of blood.  You think I mentioned this to anyone?  No, no, I don't think so.  I was really just hoping it was a lack of fiber and this little problem would just go away.  It felt like I was pushing out dried tree bark and I'm thinking that reason alone is the cause for the blood.

The pizza I ate Friday night moved quickly into Saturday morning. It was less painful and there was a bit of blood, not much at all.  It was more pink than red this time and I took that as a good sign.

Saturday was very busy.  My parents came over; Dad had not yet seen our new kitchen.  Shawn took our eldest nephew, Dylan to get his graduation present--about $200 in tools for his diesel mechanics classes.  Originally, we were going to offer to pay for a class but this way, Shawn could teach Dylan which tools were junk, which were worth the seemingly unreasonable price, and which one you could break in half and exchange for a new one.  It was a learning experience.

This weekend was a bit early as we have not recovered from the massive vet bill.  I was hoping to put this off for a little while but it just so happens there are many Memorial Day Weekend sales going on and it worked out well.  I wish we could have done more for Dylan, but I was also happy we are able to do what we could.  I dare not look at the checkbook though.  I have been under far too much stress for one week, I think.  I don't even know what we have.  What was once a large number, years of tucking away dollars has slowly dwindled.  It's hard to a natural born saver to spend money. 

We really wanted to stress to Dylan to not hesitate to ask for help if he needed it.  "Even if we didn't have any money, he could get some food out of our cabinet," I told Shawn.  "I don't want to see him go hungry."  Of course you're going to worry.  And it's not even my kid!  (Although is kind of like a little brother; more so than like a nephew)

At the hospital it was a great day!  Ma had that tube running down her sinus cavity to her stomach removed!  They would not take it out until she passed gas.  "Knowing your luck," I told her, "you'll fart in your sleep and no one will know!"

Dinner came while we were there and I happily watched her eat ice cream, broth, pudding.  She drank milk and apple juice!  She also requested tomato soup.  She said they had some for lunch but, "It ain't Campbell's!"  I promised I would stop by the store the next day and bring her a big bowl of tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment