Tuesday, October 1, 2013

About Darrell

I haven't written much about Darrell because not much has changed.  He hasn't eaten in 2 months.  His legs are a skinny as arms.  Mom is drained and depressed. 

Shawn and I went last Friday and fixed stuff.  He fixed the dryer.  I fixed her bedroom TV and her electronic cigarette.  I felt pretty confident about puffing on it to test--I have no interest in being tied down by that thing again.  Once I got it working, I tested a full strength puff and it hit my in the center of the chest like a sack of nickels.  I coughed for a half hour--that kind of deep croupy couch that sounds really nasty.  Jeez.  Wasn't expecting that!  I smoked for 13 years (3 packs per day!) and used an e-cig for a year.  I thought I could handle it.  It proved to me I won't ever be tempted to go back to any of it.  That crap caused me pain!

Mom sent us home with oatmeal cookies.  Darrell briefly commented on Shawn fixing the dryer and that's the only words he uttered.  Mom says he speaks about 10 words per day now. 

The third of October is about to roll around and his, groan, wife still has his disability card.  I hope someday someone screws her over as much as she's screwed over Darrell. 

That's it.  That's all that's happened.  Mom and Dad want to one day take us to a Chinese Buffet so we can sincerely hurt their profits for a day (me, Shawn and Dad could, for real).  I've saved restaurant gift cards won at work to take Mom out.  Maybe when this is all over we can distract ourselves from the pain by stuffing ourselves stupid.

Then we'll cry again as we shop for larger pants.  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment