Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ashes to Ashes But Not in My Son's Birthday Month

I well aware of the irony of all this rain.  It's not completely lost on me, here.  Yes, Darrell did state that after he passed it would rain buckets and buckets.  We could have had the memorial in October if not for Justin's stubborness, and yet here are, the 1st Saturday of November coming up and it has rained more in the last few days than it has all year (or at least it seems that way).  Soon it will be colder and grayer and so the memorial will be postponed until the following weekend, weather permitting of course.  And God forbid any of these people have a birthday in the month of November or December.  I fear Darrell may never be put to rest.

It has also been suggested that we all cook Darrell's favorite foods and get together for a potluck.  I admonished Mom for not severely and immediately pointing out that it will not be at her home.  This was all through Justin's seperated wife, since neither of Darrell's sons have bothered to contact my parents since the passing. 

Perhaps this eating can be at a church or somewhere in a parking lot or something.  I don't want these people in my parents' house anymore, particular the wife, ugh, Betty.  I'm afraid of what she's capable of.  And needless to say, we'll all have to spend one more day together.  I told my mom I wasn't pleased about having to eat with these people and I don't really care to spend a lot of time with them.  "You don't have to," she told me in a very serious voice as though she thoroughly meant it.  Keeping my big mouth shut is sure to cause tumors to form and the more time I spend with Darrell's family, the more tumors are likely to form somewhere in my body.

One of these days, I'm certainly going to rectify that.  I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment