Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dreamily Dreaming

The next day I was so tired I felt like I was dreaming.  It seemed hotter at work and I seemed to be sweating more than usual.  Sure, it's always hot this time of year but it seemed to be sucking the very life force from my body.  I entertained the thought that I was still in my bed under cool sheets, in the dark and the fan blowing cool air on my face.  That must be it!  I was asleep and this was all a horrible dream.

No, it surely wasn't.  I haven't slept much in the past couple of weeks (no kidding) and no amount of coffee or Crystal Light energy drinks was getting me going.  My alergies had taken hold of me so badly I was convinced I mgiht be getting sick.  Although I kept saying over and over, "It's not a cold, it's NOT a cold!"  It cleared up eventually and sometime later I suddenly became ravenous. 

I treated myself to an overpriced sandwich from across the street.  The light outside seemed brighter than normal.  Was it always this bright?  And the store seemed miles away.  I busted on my two dollar lottery scratcher and ate my sandwich, washing it down with another energy drink.  I finally started to feel a bit of life back in my bones.  Very good, because I still have yet to finish my chores and call Mom. 

There's still a bit of daylight left and the writing lets me unload a bit.  I do not look forward to the sink FULL of dishes (I never let it get that full--I swear) however the caffine and processed sandwich chemicals seemed to have breathed new life into me.  At least for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment