Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallow's Eve

I really hate Halloween.  Why is it up tot he masses to purchase sugar filled candy for everyone else's children?  It's nothing but a day that upsets my evening.

At work, some of the chicks dressed up as nothing more than "look at me".  ANd for adults, that all it is.  It gives young women an excuse to dress as sluts, and men an excuse to openly leer at them.  That was not the case ta work but it still annoyed me for some reason.  I think it' the whole Me Mentality.  LOOK AT ME!  PAY ATTENTION TO ME!  Around here we like to call people like that Attention Sluts.

Then there's Shawn's sister, Kelly, who invites herself and her children to our house every Halloween and every 4th of July.  I wouldn't mind so much if her children weren't such spoiled brats and Kelly didn't linger.  It's what she does.  SHe invites herself and lingers as though she has nothing to do, no where to be.  It's because she really doesn't.  And it doesn't matter how many times I've reminded her that I wake at 4:30 in the AM, she doesn't care.  She truly doesn't care and I hate that about her.  I"ve tried to be very sweet about it, pleading to be quiet so I can go to bed, I've tried to be mean to her face, abhorently rude and nothing works.  SHe drags her kids around and lingers.  Lingers.

The eldest is now 19 I think and still dresses up and trick or treats with them all in our neighborhood.  If you're old enough to vote, you're too old to trick or treat!  If you can drive through our neighborhood, you don't need to camp at our house!  THe eldest daughter is 17 and dresses pretty provocatively thorugh the rest of the year so you can imagine how she likes to Miley Cirus it up on Halloween.  It drives both me and Shawn absolutely crazy the way the girl dresses and the older she gets, the more her boobs grow, thus the more they practically fall out of her blouse.  It makes most of the family nuts but you can't say anything to Kelly about it.

There's also the whole Lucy Issue.  SHe hates all these people.  SHe barks constantly and there's nothing I can do to quiet her.  As long as these people are int he house, Lucy barks and growls and snarls.  She'd bite them if she had any front teeth left.  This is what Kelly doesn't understand.  I could go to bed at a reasonable hour, quiet Lucy int he bedroom, but the moment she hears the baboon laughter, Lucy goes nuts barking and inenitably wakes me. 

A couple weeks ago I found a naturally wonderful solution:  Two shots of whiskey on an empty stomach.  Within twenty minuets I didn't care if the house was shaking with baboon laughter.  I could have cared less if the whole family wanted to move in!  Within another 5 minuets I was out like a deads thing and I dind't hear anything intil my alarm clock went off hours later.

It's currently 6:30 pm on Halloween and already I can hear the neighborhood dogs stirring.  I think it's time for a drink....

No comments:

Post a Comment