Friday, January 21, 2011

Meet Jared

Meet Jared.  I hate Jared.  He's a nice enough kid.  He's 19 and I hate him.  He comes in EVERY morning with a fast food breakfast, eats fast food for lunch every day.

And he's skinny as a rail.

And I hate him for it.

I hate Shawn too.  To say he has an addiction to French Fries is no exaggeration.  When our little deep fryer broke, he freaked out.  I calmed him down, reassured him I would buy a new one the next day.  I buy 5 pound bags of the frozen taters and he loves them dearly.  Fighting french fries is no problem for me these days.  I've developed a somewhat disliking for anything frozen, out of a bag, out of a box, out of a styrofoam container.

Yet sometimes, occasionally, I simply crave the stuff like a crazy person.

Each morning at work I eat packaged turkey or roast beef on whole grain bread with a dab of Miracle Whip.  Lunch is a baked sweet potato with no butter, only Cavender's Greek seasoning.  I may have a Fiber One or Kelloggs bar to snack on.  These things are tasty to me but I envy those eating BBQ and breakfast burritos.  I hate them all.

I even like a good turkey burger.  With the right seasonings, it's a very nice change fromt he same old hamburger I've had all my life.  And, it's 50 cents a pound cheaper than beef.  Often I'll make a beef burger & myself a turkey burger.  Quite tasty.  On the other hand, there's nothing quite like a thick juicy burger, just oh so slightly burned on the outside, topped with cheddar and bacon.  Turkey cannot do that.

My boss was pushing his daughter's cookies on me today.  Practically everyone bought some, them offered me some.  I swear I cannot win!  I had one--ONE--cookie and I was proud of that.  It doesn't mean I look great in a swim suit.  It means I passed up shortbread cookies and survived another day.

I really do want to experience a water slide that I have not rode since I was 10 years old.  I love more than anything to drive up to Schlitterbaun and ride water slides I've never rode in my life!  I fear I do not have the will power.

No comments:

Post a Comment