Monday, January 31, 2011

God is working!

My latest post on ECF:

Here's something really interesting.  When I was trying to quit smoking I was smoking those little cigars, you kow the cigar rolled up like a cig, to save money.  Those things burned my throat so bad that I was enjoyable going to the e-cig.  The transition was actually easy.

Now, the past 2 or 3 days, when I hit my e-cig, it burns my throat a bit, like inhaling on a very dry atomizer.  But no, I know for a fact I just put 2 drops straight to the atty!  But it's like this almost every time.  So I put it down and reach for 2 pieces (yes two) of nicotine gum and I'm quite fine.  An hour goes by and I didn't want my e-cig.

Here's the thing....my e-cig is ALWAYS in my hand.  Batteries that last me an average of three hours lasted my 9.5 hours today!  That's how much I cut back today!  Can you beleive it?  And I was not even trying.  Most times I did not even crave the thing!  My jaw is sore as heck from chewing gum, but I really do believe God is working me.  And all the prayer out there has reached the Heavens and is coming back down to me!

This whole process is reminding me of when I was last quitting smoking.  It's so similar.  The e-cig was meant as a stepping stone.  I got so comfortable with it I didn't have any desire to quit.  God has used my breathing problems to get me to quit, to move my husband into the other end of the house when he smokes. 

Listen, when it's difficult to inhale, it may just be God allowing that to happen so I'll get off this awful drug once & for all.

I want to thank everyone for your continued prayer.  I KNOW it is working.  God is so good & I know He'll see me through this.  I know He'll strengthen me in 2 weeks when I quit this drug for good.  Or maybe, just maybe, He'll deliver me before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment