Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hot Dogs & Chips

My Dad's birthday was yesterday & my mom got hot dogs & laid out three bags of chips on the table.  Initially I thought I'd do OK since Dad wanted German chocolate cake & I tend to love coconut flavored things, but I despise actual coconut.  It's something about the texture; it just feels weird in my mouth.

Anyway, I thought I could get away with eating a couple hot dogs and that would be the end of that however, I didn't think Mom would lay out all these potato chips.  One bag was Kettle brand, honey dijion flavor.  I love those thick greasy chips. They're the best in the world!  Of course I ate too much.

I had one hot dog with chilli, one without, then half a wienie that someone had cut & left on the stove top.  I hogged the Kettle chips & dipped my paws into the sour cream & onion chips, my absolute favorite as a kid. (And probably a good start to my food issues if you want to know the truth)

On the way home we pass a store that sells chicken crispitos & Shawn rarely gets them so naturally we stopped to get one. They have corn dogs which I tend to run from, but of course I just had to get one.  I had a lot int he morning and in the evening too.  It didn't matter how full I felt, I just kept eating. 

I felt so guilty last night, promising myself I'd do better the next and the day after that.  How many times have I made that promise?  When am I going to learn to control this?

No comments:

Post a Comment