Sunday, March 13, 2011

The World Is Going To End

It seems foolish to be writing about what I eat & why, thinking about my personal problems, and hating the fact that I have so much work to do around this blasted house when 10,000 Japanese people are dead.  A tsunami put Indonesia under water, Louisiana was put under water, then covered with a nice glaze of mold & mildew.  Haiti's impoverished community was shaken from underneath.  Japan was shaken by an 8.9 earthquake that caused the ocean to spill around like a small bowl of water set on the dashboard of a shakey Buick.

And Japan has another issue that the other devastated countries did not: A nuclear power plant with cooling issues.  It just keeps getting better.

The images are once again disturbing.  If the world is ending, what have I done with myself?  What did I do yesterday that was so important?  What will I do today to be productive, to be decent to another person?  How much time to I have left?

What am I supposed to be doing?  I still gotta cook dinner and vacuum the carpet.  I still have to go to work and perform menial tasks there.  It's not like I can drop everything & begin traveling to see the sights of the world that I've always longed to see so that I can officially say I lead a productive, happy life.  I cannot even do what I should be doing because most days I feel like a sack of rocks that's sank to the bottom of the river.

God, are our prayers doing any good?  Are they being heard?  I know we are an evil, rebellious people and to be quite honest we probably should all be wiped off the face of this ball of dirt.  Help those in Japan, Father.  Show me what I am supposed to be doing each day.  My life has been a waste without purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment