Sunday, April 17, 2011

Be Careful Questions

I have many questions that no one can answer.  I've spoken to seasoned pastors, friends, family and everyone tell me the same,  "God doesn't want us to know everything," or "Be careful about that".  I've been a Christian for 21 years, saved at 9 years old & my head hurts!
I just read "23 Minuets in Hell" & it didn't answer my questions either.  I try to study on this subject but cannot make sense of anything or find what I am looking for.
Hell was created for Satan & his angels, not for man.  Everyone says God does not send people to Hell, they choose for themselves.  How could people choose an eternity of torment?  If a person spent one second in God's presence, why would they chose to be without Him?
God created every person that ever lived, knowing if that person would accept Christ or not--why create something knowing he or she would deny Him?
I do not wish for the text book answer why people go to Hell.  I want to know why denying people are even created and why they go to Hell.

I just sent this to Joyce Meyer Ministries and am patiently waiting for an answer.  This question has been on my mind for many years.  Mom tells me, "Be careful."  Am I questioning God?  Don't we all do that at some point?  Or is it simply a matter of asking, "Why is the sky blue?"  Some scientists may say because of the ozone layer and how the sun comes through it makes it blue.  And they could tell you this because they first asked.
(I am not certain about that--it's been many years since high school, but it creates a valid example)

Dad & I have discussed this a few times.  After hearing some of my concerns, Dad felt comfortable confiding in me a theory that he has told no one on earth.  I hope I am not violating his confidence by writing this here, on a private blog.  He wondered if people go to Hell for an eternity or for just a little while.  He said he could never bring it up with others because he knew what they say.  This is what we've been taught.  This is what I've been taught, and yet I question it to the fullest extent.

The reason is because my parents loved me deeply as a child, I was very fortunate for that.  When they punished me, they hated to do so but discipline was necessary.  I am sure they did not want to send me to my room and ground me until the end of time.  They would never see me again! 

Why would God do that?  He creates a person, allows a pregnancy to occur, and puts in that baby everything that make up his personality, his dreams, whether he will be mellow or highly emotional.  God creates that baby out of pure love, because God is love.  God also knows whether they baby will grow up to love Him, ignore Him, or shake his fist at Him.

The latter two results in an eternity in torment, desolation, isolation, pain, emotional pain, and so forth.  Why then, create that baby to begin with, knowing he would not love God back?  Sure people have told this person about Christ, how He died for us, took on our sins and bridged the gap between us & God.  People have told this person that if he denies Christ, he will spend eternity, a lifetime that never ends, in pure torture. 

But does this person really understand all that?  Does he know what he is choosing?  I've been saved for 21 years and I don't understand all of that!  I have never seen God, nor experienced bliss in His direct presence.  I have not seen Hell nor experienced its pain.  I do believe in both, but if a person experienced either for a fraction of a second, wouldn't that be making a choice? 

What I am saying is that a person in his right mind surely would not choose to spend all time in torment.
You say, "Well, they are choosing that by denying God."
If someone laid our vacation brochures for Hawaii or the Sahara Desert, which would you chose?
If you had a hard time understanding that Hawaii or the desert even existed, would you chose neither?
And if so, why does that result in a very long, extended vacation in the desert?

Now, I don't want to get into that whole, "God is like a kid with magnifying glass over an ant hill."  That's just stupid, I don't believe that at all.  I do believe God loves us, saved or unsaved.  And I do believe that it pains Him very much when a person is sent to Hell.  Then why put Yourself through that pain?

Oh!  I do not understand any of this!  Why does it have to be so hard?!  Why do these questions nag at me all the time? 
I do not write this to have someone turn away from God.  I write this because God created me to be curious, to ask questions.  Even my mother will tell you that the word I used most as a child was, "Why?" 
Quite often, she would answer back, "Because."  And that was never good enough for me.

It still isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment