Friday, April 8, 2011

Don't Take Love for Granted

I really am truly grateful for these people that love me.  Last night Shawn was going on again how he wish he'd done this kitchen thing sooner, that I deserved it.  "You never ask for anything," he said.  He said lots of nice things & I told him how much I appreciated that.  It's so easy to believe that all you do unnoticed and overlooked, you know?

But it's not just that.  Angel with her peach cobbler and beautiful card.  Lisa--a woman I barely know--giving me a $50 gift card and then feeling bad it was the day after my birthday.  (Don't feel bad about that!  I need to get that woman a cake or something!)  Mom, buying me sneakers for my birthday and regularly sneaking sugary treats into our magazine trade offs.  Shawn, for building me the most beautiful kitchen.  OK, so the light bulb is still dangling from the ceiling and some painting still has to be done but just you wait till I take the final photos!

How can I walk around and think that everyone hates me?  I joke a lot about being so mean, I'm actually not, I just carry a bit of an attitude.  It's my mountain that I circle over and over, still searching for the Promised Land.  Eventually, I'll find a way to go over the mountain and the love of these wonderful people will help me do that.

I must be tired.  Look how poetic I just got.


Shawn had mentioned a few times that he didn't mean for me to be working so hard on my birthday.  He's really bragged on my sheet rock texture, among other things.  As I was on my swollen knees on the hard floor painting a base board I told Shawn, "You know what I want next year for my birthday?"
"What?"
"A gift card!!!!"



Final photos and a Before and After slide show coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment