Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vacation Shopping List

I'd made the mistake of taking Shawn grocery shopping with me.  He's always complaining we don't have anything to eat so I said, Alright!  Pick something!  The grocery bill was about double and I was almost embarassed at the checkout.  A cart full of high blood pressure, I thought as I placed the snacks on the belt.

I had a moment of I Want when I later wrote on my Wal-Mart list Cheetos and Little Debbie cakes.  I thought, I'm on vacation and I'm gonna eat what I want!  This morning however I was craving something nutritious.  I scratched out the two items.  I considered all the junk Shawn got at HEB and came to the conclusion that I wasn't really tempted by most of it.  Did I really want to plow through an entire bag of Cheetos?

I dug until I found a small container and dumped Greek yogurt into it, along with what was left of my Ranch seasoning packet.  WHOA!  Too much Ranch!  I added milk and crammed that with some Kashi crackers into myself like I hadn't eaten for a week.  Two night ago, I ate a HUGE romaine salad.  I was just craving something green.

It's so weird.  We had Jack n' The Box and Arby's and none of it tasted good to me.  At Jack n' The Box, the fries tasted like old, dirty grease.  I didn't get any fries at Arby's but I tasted SHawn's and it was the same.  The sandwiches didn't taste right either.

I guess my tastes have changed so much and so slowly, I didn't even realize it.  I used to occasionally crave fast food but I hate the fact that so many dirty hands are touching it and have convinced myself that every restaurant is nothing more than a hotbed of roach breeding.  (Shawn worked fast food in high school and it kind of ruined me)

I still crave sweets, cakes now & then but not nearly like I used to.  The Kashi crackers were so full of flavor dipped into into the overly-Ranch dressing.  I didn't realize I was even missing these foods.

        The "pantry" is now in the living room.  This is where I've been preparing lunch.  The microwave is somewhere over there.



                                                         This is where I prepare dinner.
                                                                          Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment