Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Kitchen Part.....Who's Counting Anymore? or Dusty Haze

I'm not sure what happened yesterday.  We were gonna stop & finish up next weekend.  First thing in the morning we headed out to make all the returns for all the extra things we'd bought, just in case.  Those returns paid for the ceiling fan.  While at Lowe's, returning the extra plumbing stuff we'd bought, we went ahead & picked up the tile, grout and such for the island.

Shawn dragged me over to the trim and showed me something with Ivy engraved into it.  My eyes immediately went to the price tag.  Shawn covered it with his hand.  "Don't look at that!  What do you think?"  I finally gave in. 

"Are you gonna have a stroke or a heart attack?" he asked.
With a smile I replied, "I may have one of each!"

For a saver to spend money, it's painful.  But we would have made a loan payment this month and that loan is gone and done with.  Some of the things we bought was paid for with PayPal money--closet junk I'd sold on eBay.  After deducting these things from our running total, I was freaking out much less.

Shawn went into project mode after a nap & I got to work after a Crystal Light energy drink.  We were supposed to take a break but Shawn got excited.  As for me, I was cringing over the dusty haze that covered every flat surface.  We'd closed off the kitchen while I sanded but it carried still to every room of the house.  And while the kitchen was closed off, Lucy (the formerly abused dog) decided to freshen up the rug in her usual places. 

On a side note, our other, non-abused dog, Prissy held it until she was ready to pop.  The day I was sanding, I took a  break & carried Prissy through the kitchen so she could get to the backyard where she peed for a solid 5 minuets.

Lucy hid for most of the construction.   ....And let me know how she felt about the neglect by adding to the wonderful smell in the living room.


LuLu laid an egg despite the noise & chaos.  She guarded it as usual, by puffing up and hissing at me every time I came into the living room.  I might have a tiny omelet today.


I'd shampooed the rug, dusted the furniture, vaccumed the carpets (again) and scrubbed and scraped on the kitchen floor because some people don't believe in drop cloths.  I cooked for an hour, cleaned up after dinner.  And for some stupid reason within five minuets of opening my eyes this morning, I decided to finish the painting.  I'm writing while a soda kicks in, but already ready to go get started. 

We do have a second week of vacation available to us this year.  I am so looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment