Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Disturbing Commercial

The latest ad for McDonald's features a variety of children poking around bright red Happy Meal boxes and the whole point of this is to disclose that a portion of the price goes tot he Ronald McDonald House.  That's not the disturbing part; that's pretty awesome.

What disturbs me is the fact that these children are poking into Happy Meal BOXES.  I'm 30 years old & I vaguely remember the Happy Meal box.  I do remember the switch though.  It was a grave day when you could not longer pop out the cut-outs for the toy car to drive through it's newly formed "tunnel".

Anyone under the age of 25 might see this commercial and wonder why the children are poking around little red boxes.


The Happy Meal Box.
Yet another reminder of how old I'm getting.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment