Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Need A Vacation

The running gag had been, "Let's go get a ceiling fan.  That is after all, why we started this thing!"  That's all I wanted!  The light bulb is still dangling from the ceiling, pointed in the direction of the living room.  Shawn was so excited to work on the island yesterday that he never got the fan.  I spent eight hours finishing the painting.  Yes, eight.

Later in the evening, I proudly organized stuff into the upper cabinets, now finally painted.  "Well, if anything, this whole process has forced me to clean out some stuff, throw some away, and get organized," I said.

"How could you be anymore organized without being obsessed?" Shawn asked.
"Is that a compliment?"

There's still some smaller things to be done.  Handles on the cabinets, trim on the counter top, ceiling fan, island (I HAVE A FRICKIN' ISLAND!!!!!!) and so forth.  Shawn finally shaved last night and I excitedly commented, "Oh good, I can clean the bathroom tommorow!"
"You're not gonna take one day off to do what you want to do?!" he said.  (Today is Sunday, the last day of our vacation.  And we didn't play frisbee golf even once!)

See, the thing there is that every time Shawn shaves, it looks like someone shaved a cat over the sink.  And usually, unbeknownst to him, he happens to shave the day after I clean the bathroom.  The room was pretty filthy since we cleaned up in there while the water was shut off (a butter tub and a gallon of water) and we'd tracked half the kitchen dirt to the bathroom floor.  Shawn said he'd planned to shave and I made a note of it.

But even still, there's some cleaning to done, dishes to wash, an so forth.  I may knock it out early this morning & just stay in bed the rest of the day.  Now, that sounds dreamy.

I am really wishing I had taken a before picture here.  The floor was totally rotted & without the a before picture, this just doesn't do it justice!  Shawn's is planning to put back the shelf supports and I can lay out my cleaning supplies properly.  Yay!

I am really glad for the light over the sink, even if it is a purple grow light for plants.

The final photos ought to be within a week or two.  Ha, ha!  Isn't it gorgeous?  I can't wait till I can save up a little cash & buy little neat stuff to put on the wall.  Shawn might be making me a little shelf to place over the stove, complete with little hooks for my measure cups, spoons, and other things.  I might even get one those cliche' French wall hangings with grapes and wine on it.  (don't count on it though)

No comments:

Post a Comment