Sunday, April 3, 2011

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Yes, this is our sink.  It's an old fashioned variety from the Mesozoic Period, made of porcelain (same as a toilet), paint stains and scratched from here to there.  Doesn't keep the water hot, doesn't hold much and is well, downright fugly. 

Yes, you heard me.

When mentioned a new sink, I swear I fell to my knees right there on the floor.  We priced the shiny stainless steel ones & found them to be a little over a hundred dollars.  Sigh.  Shawn found the exact sink we were looking on eBay for $76 dollars shipped.

Our family had often poked fun at us for buying and selling everything on eBay.  We've done it for years.  We had a tax ID and was hoping to create a business out of the situation but it never worked out.  We tried selling video games & made a decent amount of money until one of the bigger players came in underselling us to a apoint of running us off.  And it worked out like that for football memorabilia, table top role playing games, Roman coins, precious gemstones, comic book trading card sets.  You name it, we've tried to sell it.  And failed.  And now we have boxes and piles of the leftovers all over the house.

I've been cleaning out this house since the day we moved in. 

Currently, I've been selling our action figure collection, little by little.  I've had Shawn's NASCAR collection listed for a year & a half and no takers.  I dropped the price on it so much, I may as well set it on the curb but I'm still holding onto that thread of hope.  Anyway, all the money we have in our PayPal account is from selling junk in the closet, treasures we once loved.

SO as far as buying the sink goes, I'm looking at that as free money.  And I got 4 points per dollar spent with MyPoints program so hopefully that'll get me closer to another Wal-Mart card & I can get my overpriced Asmanex prescription without totally being out of pocket. 

Ok, so it;s official.  We've now bought everything on eBay, including the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment