Friday, April 8, 2011

For My Next Trick...

My body hurts.  My body hurts so badly!  Well, the new sink was kind of a nightmare since the plumbing into the wall has been around since the dinosaurs.  A pair of channel locks got thrown and many choice words were thrown as well.  I was sent on two trips for supply lines and a BIG bottle of Asprin.  Ha, ha.

My mom had been bugging me to let her take me shopping for my birthday and that all happened yesterday.  Shawn and I had decided that whatever wasn't finished in kitchen would wait until next weekend so we could rest a little on this "vacation" of ours.  I think we need a vacation from this vacation.  Anyway, I did some clean up first thing in the morning and went on a five hour shopping adventure with Mom.  Well, part of that time was Mom checking out the kitchen and lunch.

Also, the day after my birthday Shawn had come by my job with a not from Lisa, a woman he works with.  It said she had a gift card waiting for me at Victoria's Secret.  I barely know this woman.  I've met her only a couple times.  We sat with her & her husband at the Christmas party & the husband is just one cool dude with lots of neat stories.  He was a police officer in Houston (I think Houston) and he's been in the military for  a very long time so he chock full of great stories.  Lisa always seemed very cool and very sweet though I had not yet gotten a chance to chat very much with her.

I went to Victoria's Secret and the lady handed me a credit card slip to sign.  At the top of the slip it said, AMOUNT 50.00

"Is that the amount of the gift card?" I asked in disbelief.  The lady grinned wildly.  "Uh-huh!"
"Oh my gosh!" was all I could say.  Jeeze, I mean, 50 bucks?  That's a lot of money!

I went to Sonic and picked up an armload of strawberry slushes and headed over to Shawn's job.  Lisa was not there.  She was working at a different location.  SO I shuttled the shushie to her location where I must have hugged her about 12 times.  "No one's ever done anything like that for me before!  Thank you!  Thank you!  You barely know me!  Thank you!  Thank you!"

We must have talked for a half hour!  I really enjoy Lisa's company and I like talking to her.  I hope she knows how much this meant to me.  She was acting like it wasn't much since everything costs so much these days but it meant everything to me!  (I picked up a thank you card this week--that is the rule my mother taught me)

So, back to shopping with Mom, I made that gift card stretch with the ongoing sales.  And perfect timing!  I've got a bunch of thin kacki colored capris for work and all my underwear are navy blue, black, etc.  I was able to get FIVE pair of underwear and TWO bras!  I'm so hard on bras because I wear them twice before washing since I only have 4.  Well, now I got six!

I found some great deals with Mom too and for stuff I needed.  I really needed new sneakers and I found a pair on sale, plus I gave her a coupon.  My purse was pretty ragged out & we found one for $20.  Mom picked some clearance racks in JC Penney and found a shirt with the smaller version of Jolly Green Giant (that weird little green kid with lettuce for hair) and it says "Great things come in small packages" cause I'm short, see.  Another has a Peeps chicken with glasses and says "Chick with brains" with the Peeps logo underneath.

This excited Mom.  I'm well known for my love of those marshmallow critters and since I refuse to buy them (they are pure sugar) Mom buys one package each holiday & sneaks it into a bag of her already read magazines.  It's been going on for years.

We went to the Chinese buffet and I forced Mom to try foods she's never tried, to get a second plate, and even have a cookie after.  We both threw out our food inhibitions and just enjoyed it.  Though Mom did accuse me of trying to lard her up.  "You're just like you're dad trying to lard me up!"

Mom suggested Chinese and that was awesome because I was craving Chinese food after holding a heat gun to the old pink (yes, pink) counter top laminate.  As the glue underneath warmed and softened, I swear it smelled like Chinese food.  No pun intended, I am telling you the truth!

Once I got home, Shawn and I drove 40 miles so he could pay for his next class.  We stopped by the Putt Putt Golf place and I proudly carried my freebie coupons to the door.  They were locked.  A notice had been taped to the door:  Lockout due to failure to pay rent.  Or, locked out due to deadbeats!  I played Putt Putt once when I was 9 or 10 and I wanted to lay again with my loving husband!  I was kinda upset because the place is just going to sit there and rot now!

Once home, I was given the green flag to use the sink and the counter tops.  I prepared my dough and let it rise a meager 1.5 hours but by this time was 7pm and my body was hurting.  I made one Alfredo pizza and one traditional pizza, planning to freeze most of it.  I was finally able to shower around 8:30.

By this time, Shawn was already in project mode regarding the island he wanted to build (with matching tile on the top of course)  My head was spinning and I thought I might fall asleep while talked numbers, designs, measurements.  I was exhausted.  I wanted to rest today but ended tromping all the mall and Ft. Hood.

Today I have numerous returns to make.  All the plumbing stuff, an extra bucket of paint, a tile cutter that doesn't work...I gotta get gas, stop by the post office.....Then, I have to come home and prepare a huge meal of chicken fried steak, as promised for Shawn.

I am thoroughly worn out.
And my writing shows it.  It sounds like I was just describing some boring dream I had last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment