Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Being Right Is Highly Overrated

Joyce Meyer said that.  My cousin April (SHOUT OUT TO MY PEEPS)  asked me to join her & some family members at a restaurant for half price apps and drinks.  I always miss out on the Tuesday deal because Shawn has the car for school & I HATE driving his truck. 

Of course I jumped at the chance.  Not knowing what time I might be getting home, I called Shawn on his lunch break.  It didn't go well.  We were both horribly childish and ugly to each other.  I did though accomplish the daring feat of finding out why he was so pissed off at me.

After my three minuet nap when the phone rang on Saturday with the news of Ma's blood clots, I opted to stay home & go up tot he hospital later.  I was hoping to wake up some; after not sleeping for several nights in a row, it really caught up with me (and still going....).  Shawn acted as though I did not care and I was not there for him.

I thought about our snapping and biting for the remainder of my work day and finally decided I no longer cared.  No, he didn't understand why I was so hurt by his actions over the apricots and grinding his big-ass shoe into my foot.  I just want to go back to normal.  I'm still crying over the dog; I need some comfort.  I don't care who is right or wrong, who hurt who, or who's fault it is.  I left a short (my version of "short") note on the fridge explaining that I didn't mean to not "be there" for him, that I wished he had just said all this days ago when it happened.  I wrote it out like it was a misunderstanding, I was exhausted, and did not mean to offend him.

I'm thinking his being so angry with me may be the very reason why he ripped into his sister that afternoon.  It seems though when he is stressed, he rips into whoever just happens to be in the way.

For the record, I had no idea why he was angry with me until lunch today.  He wanted to make me feel guilty for going out (which happens once every hundred years) and I'm not gonna let him.  If I had any idea my not going to the hospital until that evening would have caused all this--I would have just gone.  I would have grabbed an energy drink so would have gone.  The conversation involving the Star Wars toys still would have transpired and I still have been angry with him.  See?  You can't win for losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment