Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Bad Day

Last night, Shawn laid his head on my stomach.  I announced that this is the worst period I've had in a long time.  If any of you guy readers are groaning, get over it.  I don't cater to you; I write for me.  And also, it's a fact that women get periods.  And you guys poop.  And scratch (in public, no less).  And belch loudly and stinkily.  This is not something we can control so you fellas can just deal with it.

"It's like I got two periods at once.  My stomach and my back, all the way around are hurting SO bad!" I said.

This is a good time to say why I said this.  What I am really saying is that I feel like doo-doo.  And I still went to work, still chopped down trees, still made you dinner.  And also, your head weighs like, forty pounds; please remove it.

"Well, your stomach sounds like it's making a turd the size of your arm!" he says.  Hello, Mr. Sensitive.


Today followed suit.  I've been nothing but a great big ball of stress for a month.  My body knows this.  I don't know who told my body, but it knows.  I leaked through to my pants at work, had to filter into Wal-Mart afterward, and had some major issues at Sam's as I worked an attempt to purchase some nicotine gum.

Why they card me for nicotine gum, I'll never know.  There was a problem with my driver's license.  The check didn't print.  Managers were involved.  And here's the thing; I  had line hopped!  The line was shorter but it had a faulty printer for the personal checks, and while I was in line there, something nagged at me to pay cash but I didn't listen!

I was standing aside, out of the way when a Sam's employee passed me.  He looked like the goofy sort that picked at everyone.  "Cheer up," he said as he walked.  "It can't be that bad."

You don't know the month that I've had, I thought.  My stomach was bloated and cramping so badly that I couldn't comfortably stand up straight.  I made it to the car quickly, hoping I wasn't about to cry.  I sure felt like it.  All day long, I felt real crappy like you've got the flu.  My stomach pinched and spiked all day.  And my pants!  I was wearing paper thin, khaki colored capris. 

I hopped in the car and checked my bag of cold stuff on the front seat.  Good, the ground beef had not yet turned into fully cooked hamburgers.  Everything felt cold to the touch and I was on my way home.  And then I started crying.  Sigh. 

I did get a bit of good news though.  I found out that a book Shawn needs for school is going to be $20 less than I thought.  And Mom said one of her dogs gets lumps soon after getting shots.  Lucy had her shots exactly a week ago today.  I am hoping it is the shots that caused the lumps and that they'll just go away.

Things were looking up but then Shawn came home extra grouchy and apparently didn't like what I made for his dinner.  Oh well, there's a Subway and a McDonald's near the school.  Let him eat that, then.  I may just have a big bag of popcorn of dinner.  Because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment