Saturday, June 25, 2011

Storage Wars

First of all, I find that the more I write about myself and people I know, the more trouble I seem to cause myself.  So I'm gonna stick with I know:  Getting upset over things that do not matter.  To anyone.  Ever.

It has come to my attention that there are three, count 'em, THREE series on television about storage units.  Yes, you heard me correctly.  An entire half hour block is somehow dedicated to people's storage units and the crap they keep inside them.  Some of these shows auction off the units when rent is not paid.  I could tell you more but I haven't actually viewed any of these programs.

Flipping through the TV guide that Dish Network provides on screen, I happened to notice a show titled "Parking Wars" and the description would lead me to understand that the program is about people placing parking tickets on the windshields of cars and placing boots on their tires.  Fun stuff, indeed.

There are about a half dozen shows (at least) about pawn shops, the people who run them, and the people who expect to become millionaires after bringing in something they found while cleaning out the attic.  There's a show about a so-called cat whisperer, people who fix up folks' dire bathrooms and people who collect cats and dogs in the hundreds (really) for fun.

Who's idea was it to put this crap on TV?  And more importantly, who's watching this crap?  The Food Network used to feature shows that explained how things were made.  They took you inside the creation process and the factories.  Alton Brown gave me an understand of chemistry because he related it to food.  Me--chemistry!  Imagine!  The only programs ever scheduled on Food Network are contests to become the greatest chef, the Next Food Network Star, and Who Can Make The Best Cup Cake In The World Not Than Anyone Cares.

"They" say it is illegal to allow the picking and choosing of specific channels by consumers.  Whoever "they" are need to shove it.  I have no use for fourteen ESPN channels.  I have never in my life, watched the Lifetime Channel.  Why do they bill me for this?  Charge me a single US dollar for each channel I choose.  I'll save money, you'll keep me as a customer and I will no longer be subjugated to watching scripted realty shows.  because you they are.  Scripted, I mean.  No every repo-man runs into trouble like the repo-men on TV run into trouble.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment