Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No Time to Properly Grieve

Last night we were watching TV in the bed and I thought I should go get Prissy to come sit with us before we turned in for the night.

Shawn looked at my face and asked if I was OK.  "Yeah, I'm just having some weird moments," I answered.  I talked and cried and talked and cried for about a half hour.  "I'm sorry, I just feel like I've been keeping everything in and I just really need to talk,"I explained.  "I have to put up a front everywhere and when I get home I don't have to do that."

We talked about a lot of things.  "I feel like I should be feeling better by now," I said.
"Well, if you think about it, you haven't had time to grieve," Shawn offered.

In a way, that's very true.  We've been very busy with his mom in the hospital and it seems like everyone at work expects me to be OK now.  I spent a half hour on my neighbor's porch crying.  She has an older dog herself and we often pass each other at the Vet.  She'd called out to me as I pulled up to the curb, "How's your baby?"  I told her when she has to do this, come get me and I'll bring her a big cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment