Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Outdoors Time

In prison systems, there is such a thing as Outdoors Time.  An episode of  "The Office" told me so.  This is a privilege.  It must be earned and the reward of fresh air can be taken away.  In Texas prison systems, Outdoors Time is actually a punishment.  The inmate is placed outside, within a screen in area.  Buckets of water surround the inmate.  The stagnant water is used for breeding mosquitoes.  The inmate then succumbs to many days of furious scratching and misery.

Alright, I made up that last part.  But it's a good idea, yes?  Not only do I have to travel in the heat, work in the heat, supervise my four pound dog in the heat, but I have to put of with little bugs that serve no purpose on this piece of dirt other than make my day extra miserable and spread malaria. 





This isn't the greatest picture because my camera is only 3.2 mega pixels.  I will be demanding a new camera for this Christmas as I really need to replace this antique.    I don't even spend that much time outside.  And if Lucy really needs to go, I supervise her from the window.  She isn't quite as needy as she was a couple of weeks ago and my blood supply is running low.  Lucy isn't too keen on hanging around out there anyway.  It's too friggin' hot!!

If man can develop viruses in a lab to wipe out all of mankind, why can't we do the same for mosquitoes?  Oh!  The Eco-system, the Eco-system.  Please.  You should check the Eco-system of my backyard.  The trees are dead, the grass is dead, even the wasps have relocated.  Everything is dead except for the mosquitoes.  I don't even know where they are coming from since there isn't any water anywhere for miles and miles.  There is something very wrong about it all.

Fortunately, we have plywood under our mattress, instead of a box spring.  I say fortunately because the raw cut edge is on my side of the bed and I use it scratch the backs of my legs at night.  The back side of my legs have gotten to know that plywood very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment