Tuesday, June 28, 2011

FABULOUS!

Money's been a little tight lately and I needed laundry detergent last week.  Here's the thing.  See, when I smoked, it didn't matter what crap I washed my clothes in because everything smelled like an ashtray no matter what.  When I quit smoking, I was bound and determined that I would buy only name brand detergent because I deserved it, dammit!  Since then, I've bought nothing but ALL.  Alas, Gain is still to pricey for me, but occasionally I sniff it at the store to make myself feel better.

So far for the month of June, we are $400+ over budget and $500 less has come in due to loss time at work and me sliding on keeping up with my overtime because it's 120 to 130 degrees at work and I really do not care at this point in the summer about stupid overtime.

How's that for a run-on sentence?  Anyways, I put myself aside and grabbed at a $3 bottle of detergent with a coupon glued to the front label.  I did the sniff test and it smelled pretty good.  I washed Shawn's clothes in it and everything smelled like an ashtray, as expected.  I washed my own clothes today and after opening the dryer a scent hit me in the face.  I've smelled this before on other people's dirty laundry at work.  I never could quite place it.  Now I knew.  It's like a combination of curry and dirty socks.

And it's all over my clothes.

Sigh.  Soap is soap, essentially, I mean, so why is it that generic detergent can never smell good????  If it's the fragance that costs so much, then water it down some more, because I know you will.  Another Grand Question of the Land is why does it smell so freaking different on my clothes than in the bottle??!!!  I've experienced this with shampoos and body washes galore.  I don't get it.  WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE MAKE THINGS SMELL GOOD?  There's pictures of flowers on the label but I do not smell any flowers or anything even remotely resembling flowers!!!

I made up my mind that after payday, I would buy some ALL and save the Fab (oops!  I named it; shame shame!) detergent for Shawn's clothes.  He won't be able to smell it anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment