Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Single Tidbit

A coworker, Martha told me her son had taken her a nice restaurant in Austin.  It was off the lake and had a swimming pool inside the building.  She gave me an impression that it was opened up to the lake so people could get in a swim, then come inside for some drinks or what have you.

"I didn't like it!" Martha said.  "I call it The Crack House because when you look up from your plate, all you see are cracks.  Everywhere, there's cracks!  It's disgusting!  All those little girls running around in their thongs with their butts showing.  Disgusting!"

Martha is a Christina but nothing really surprises her.  She raised four boys and was always finding all kinds of stuff under their beds.  However, let us all please take note that Martha does not enjoy looking at butt cracks while she eats an expensive meal.

No one looks good in a G-String.  No one.


I should have ended the post right there but I remembered a funny story.  We had gotten HBO for free for one weekend and I recorded Walk The Line on VHS.  It started around bed time so I just let the tape run.  I lent the movie to Martha and she told me there was a dirty movie afterward.  I WAS SO EMBARRASSED!  I apologized over and over, explained about bed time and I was sorry it was there. 

Martha laughed out loud.  She wanted to see what movie was next and it was all about sex, she said.  I think she was laughing more about how embarrassed I was.  I thanked her for telling me because I was planning on lending the tape to my mother.  And that is how I came about recording pure static on the end of the tape that contained Walk the Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment