Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Only Stupid People Are Breeding

....the cretins cloning and feeding.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will bring into a dry cleaners.  Occasionally I get a shirt that someone spilled washing detergent all over.  They send it to me to "save" it.  Um, have you tried the rinse cycle?  Usually does the trick for me.  After dealing with customers however, I've discovered that I know nothing.  They know everything and how it should be done.  And they tell me so, quite often.

I've been corrected by my history buff (history nerd!) cousin.  Apparently the terrain in Texas in 1836 was different from today's version.  I am assuming 1836 is the year everyone was fighting for this God-forsaken land.  I'm not real sure because I sucked in History class.  (That was my appointed nap time)  Apprently the fighting was going on in the spring because no one in their right mind would fight over it in the summer.  Why the Mexicans wanted it so badly is beyond me.  I would have said, here, take it.  We don't need no stinking mosquitoes anyhow.  Quero Tequila!  (congratulatory gunshots are fired into the air)

My Spanish lesson podcasts are taught by a Scottish man named Marc.  Some Brits were having a hard time rolling their R's, understandably so.  They really do not use the letter R in Britain.  It's there, they just don't use.  It's a like treadmill bought in January only to have it collect hangers and laundry.  Marc explains that if you listen to the American accent when the words with a double T are used, it's very much like rolling an R.

In his most horrible version of an American accent (which amuses me so) Marc says the words, "Otter, butter, flutter, bottle..." and so forth.  He explains that we Americans pronounce it as almost like a soft D.  I have never realized this before!  I've been speaking for nearly all my life and never noticed that.  Here, I'll say it for you:  "Budder."  Yep, there it is!  Now you try.  I think you'll find this quite amusing, depending on how bored you are.

Let's try another one....Ofden.  HA!  That's crazy!!!  And there's not even a double T in that word!

No comments:

Post a Comment